Kakani Shivapuri Nagarkot route is one of the short and diverse trekking trails available in Kathmandu valley. This trek starts at Kakani reached with a pleasant drive about 25 kilometers northwest of Kathmandu. This is a less crowded and more pristine destination closer to Kathmandu valley ideally suitable for short trekking holidays with family and friends. The trek offers excellent mountain views of Ganesh Himal, Langtang Himal and the Annapurnas. This lush green trek is an extension of Sundarijal Nagarkot trekking which is undertaken mostly within Nepal’s youngest Shivapuri national park. This is the only national park located in the capital city in less than 20 kilometers from the international airport. The kakani shivapuri nagarkot trek is a blend of wilderness, great views of Kathmandu valley, traditional villages and farming lands. The final portion of the trek takes us through Nagarkot to Banepa. Nagarkot is a popular hill station and popular among the visitors to Nepal.
- Short Itinerary
- Details Itinerary
- Cost Includes
- Cost Excludes
- Trip Booking
Day 01: Kathmandu to Kakani to Aale Danra
Day 02: Aale Danra to Shivapuri
Day 03: Shivapuri to Dhap
Day 04: Dhap to Nagarkot
Day 05: Nagarkot to Banepa Kathmandu
Day 01: Kathmandu to Kakani to Aale Danra:
Drive to Kakani, 1,982 m. above sea level, and 29 km. Northwest of Kathmandu. It is a famous place for the magnificent views of the valleys and panorama of the Himalayas. Then walk to Aaledanra along the ridge in the National Park area.
Day 02: Aale Danra to Shivapuri:
Aale Danra to Shivapuri is very good walking through the forest and along the ridge with spectacular views of Annapurna, Manaslu, and Ganesh Himal. Camp at 2,732 m. Shivapuri that offers outstanding views of the Himalaya from the campsite on the flat, grassy summit.
Day 03: Shivapuri to Dhap:
Walk along the ridge between the Shivapuri, watershed forest, and the panoramic attraction of the Himalayas and camp at Dhap.
Day 04: Dhap to Nagarkot:
Walk between the village and forest, then arrive at Nagarkot. The views of Gaurishanker and Mt. Everest can be seen from here.
Day 05: Nagarkot to Banepa Kathmandu:
An easy walk down hill to Banepa, the historical city. It was and still is a gateway for trading with Tibet. Then drive back to Kathmandu.
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu and Pokhara at 3 star category with breakfast
- Half day Kathmandu sightseeing with an English/ any other foreign language speaking city guide
- Land transportation Kathmandu- Pokhara-Kathmandu
- Annapurna Conservation Area Entry Permit
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management System
- An experienced and first aid trained license holder accompanying trekking guide
- Equipped and insured trekking porter (one porter for 2 persons, one porter carries 25 KG.)
- Meals, insurance, salary, equipment, accommodation, transportation of our trekking crew
- Tea House accommodation and tented camp during the trek
- Applicable government taxes (13% VAT and 10% tourism service charges)
- Farewell dinner
- Nepal entry visa
- Domestic airport tax
- Your Travel/Medical insurance
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Hot shower while on trek
- Single supplements in hotels except solo trekking service
- Bar bills and laundry
- Battery Charges( Available during trek with Extra cost)
- Optional trips not specified in the itinerary
- Tipping to guide and porter
- Personal trekking equipment
- Drinks (including tea) and Bar Bill (beverage)
- Helicopter evacuation/rescue in case of emergency
- Donation to the local organization